How to deal with hair fall like a 'PRO'
First of all, stop panicking!!
Hair fall these days is too common among all of us. The hair on your head goes through a life cycle that involves growth, resting and shedding. It's common for an average person to lose around 100 hair strands a day. Otherwise hair fall is also caused due to hundreds of known and unknown reasons. In this blog, we’ll learn about a few tips and solutions to this exasperating problem.
Effective solutions for hair loss :
● What diet to maintain?
A recent study has revealed that a diet containing raw vegetables and fresh herbs, like the Mediterranean diet, may reduce the risk of androgenic alopecia (female pattern baldness or male pattern baldness) or slow its onset. Best results were observed when participants consumed high amounts of these foods — such as parsley, basil, salad greens — more than three days a week.
● Which Supplements to take?
1. Multivitamins- Vitamins A, B, C, D, iron, selenium, and zinc are all important to the hair growth and retention processes, specifically with cell turnover. These multivitamins are easily available in the medical stores
2. Protein- Hair follicles are made mostly of protein called keratin. People with hair loss are usually seen with several nutritional deficiencies, including amino acids that serve as the building blocks of protein.
3. Biotin- vitamin H or B7— is involved in fatty acid synthesis in the body. This process is essential to the hair life cycle and you may experience hair loss if you have a deficiency. Speak with your doctor about taking three to five milligrams daily.
4. Saw palmetto- Derived from the fruit of American dwarf pine trees, this herb is known to maintain levels of testosterone in men. According to a study 60 percent of participants taking saw palmetto experienced improved hair growth. The dosage in the study was 200 milligrams daily.
5. Ginseng- Ginseng contains certain phytochemicals that promotes hair growth from the scalp. Further study is needed to recommend specific dosages. In the meantime, speak with your doctor about taking ginseng supplements or consider trying topical solutions that contain this ingredient.
● What to apply?
1. Use coconut oil-
Coconut oil is good for the scalp, it also protects hair from grooming as well as UV rays (ultraviolet rays) and keeps the hair nourished. Massaging hair with coconut oil promotes better blood flow and supports regrowth.
2. Use olive oil before hair wash-
olive oil helps in nourishing the scalp and it also stops breakage of hair. It is highly suggested to massage the hair one hour prior to the head wash, this also helps in reducing androgenic alopecia over time.
3. Use essential oils time to time -
Essential oils are known to reduce hair loss. Recommended essential oils are lavender, lemongrass and peppermint. It is advised to use 2 to 3 drops of Essential oil in 2 to 3 spoons of carrier oil like Jojoba or grapeseed oil.
4. Use onion oil -
Onion oil is prepared by sautéing chopped onions in coconut oil for 3 to 5 minutes then later extracting oil out of the onion-oil mixture. This oil can be used for recovering hair damage. Massaging with this oil helps the hair to become stronger right from the scalp.
DO's and DON'Ts for maintaining healthy hair.
● DO's -
1. Regular hair wash -
Cleansing hair regularly is necessary to keep the scalp neat and healthy. Mild shampoo is more preferable, as using harsh shampoo might result in turning the hair dry and cause them to break off easily.
2. Massage regularly-
Daily head massages relieves the nerves and improves the blood flow and thus helps in strengthening the roots of the hair.
3. Perform Yoga-
There is yoga for everything. Here are a few yoga poses that prevent hair loss:
a) Downward facing dog pose
b) Forward bend pose
c) Camel pose
d) Shoulder stand pose
e) Fish pose
f) Kneeling pose
4. Regular use of oil-
Oiling regularly before head bath is necessary to keep your scalp clean and healthy. It also lends nourishment to the hair and protects the hair from damage.
Girls should avoid tight ponytails or buns. Should put on hairstyles that do not stress on the hairline. Men too should not comb hair back in a way it stresses on the hairline. Also, I advise not to run fingers through the hair too many times.
2. Avoid Harsh Shampoos-
Harsh shampoos that are usually used to straighten hair or make them silky cause maximum damage to your hair. The hair becomes dry over a period of time and causes breakage of hair.
3. Wipe wet hair with a soft cloth-
After the head bath, use a tee shirt or any other soft cloth to drain out water . by doing this, you won’t lose any hair due to friction and the hair will not dry out totally .
4. Careful use of shampoo-
Do not apply shampoo in just one place i.e the scalp , instead apply it throughout the hair , more to the hair and less to the scalp. Avoid using excess conditioner. if using, use it smartly.
So these are the tips and solutions you must apply to your daily routine, if you want to achieve healthy hair.
If you find these tips helpful please drop a like, and stay tuned to Spectrum Salon’s blog page to view more blogs related to grooming and healthcare.
See you in the next blog!! :)